The fearless battle of an entire region to protect our land, our beaches, our health, our traditions, our communities, our future. One by one, we have empowered the common man using the irresistible weapons of knowledge. To the oil companies that intend to destroy us, ENI, Petroceltic, MOG, Edison, Shell: let it be crystal clear.

You are not welcome here.

We will fight to the bitter end.

We shall defeat you.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Daily Finance

Today our story is featured on the Daily Finance.

To readers of the Daily Finance, my Italian blog is here. This is how I have been communicating with Italians, on a day to day basis. Most of this battle has been conducted by educating the people about what drilling really means. On occasions I travel to Italy to give talks and try to answer all possible questions. I have been hopping from town to town and had the most heartwarming experiences, from people who were told 'it is just a little stick in the sea', or 'it is not a refinery, just an olive oil processing center'. I have also lobbied hard with the Catholic church to take a stand, with local polticians, with all and any who would listen. So far no oil project has been completed in Abruzzo, and I will not stop until the end.

I have been doing this for the past three years, from my Santa Monica home. The fact that Abruzzo is a community of farmers and fishermen does not mean Big Oil can come and do as they please.
If I can do it from a half a world away, anyone can.

Thanks to Lauren for picking up this story.

No comments: